Deed Poll Legalisation

We thought you might be interested to know that we can legalise your Deed Poll for as little as £70.

Having a document legalised means that the U.K. government will confirm that the signature, seal, or stamp on the document is genuine — so that it can be used in another country. It does not guarantee that the contents are genuine, or that the document is legally valid.

For a U.K. document (such as a deed poll or statutory declaration), it’ll first have to be certified by the Legalisation Office of the FCO (in the U.K.). Thereafter, it depends on which country you need to use your document.

You can get certain official UK documents ‘legalised’ by asking the Legalisation Office to confirm that the signature, stamp or seal is from a UK public official.

You might need to do this if an official in another country has asked you to provide a UK document and they’ve said it must be legalised.

The Legalisation Office will check the document, including whether the signature, stamp or seal is genuine. They’ll legalise the document by attaching a stamped official certificate (an ‘apostille’) to it.

We offer you the option to have your document legalised during the Deed Poll change of name process. If you require further help or advice on legalisation or you would like to order your apostille on our dedicated Apostille website, then please visit our Apostille website here.